Monday, July 4, 2011

Travel Adventure: Day Three

Man, oh, man... who does these long drive trips for fun? I mean, I know a bunch of folks who take the family to far away places and drive to get there, but I've realized it's sooooo not for me! Everything's going fine (minus a 'check engine light' on the Dodge that I'm choosing to believe isn't anything serious, and no mechanics are open on the 4th of July...) but driving 9 hours is crazy stuff. Complicate that by a +1 hour time change in each state and it turns a 10 hours day into a 12 hour day. Pretty much all about eating, driving, eating, driving some more, last eating of the day then sleep... and some people choose to do that for vacation?!? Me thinks that's crazy!

Okay, even in all of that, Utah and Colorado are beautiful. My friend Chris L told me before we left that once we got on the I-70 it got really pretty. He was right. Driving through huge canyons was pretty cool, and I'm pretty sure we crossed the Colorado River 20+ times. Very cool!

Emily: It was very cool to be driving through such pretty area while singing worship songs with Bekah!

Danielle: the hotel is more like a cabin. it was pretty cool to cross the Colorado River, i'd never seen it before!

Rebekah: Even though the drive was soooo long it was amazing!!! There was some mountains that were made of white rock and the tops were full of orange pebbles...it looked like it had been raining rocks!!! There were these other mountains made of red rock and there were bright green plants scattered around on it!! It was a perfect combination of colors! :) Also the river was amazing! Some parts of it were really calm and others were white water rapids! It was so cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment